Card images: You can click on a row and click on the blue link to see an image of the card. If you would like printable sheets to make your own deck you can find them here: Printable Sheets on Reddit
*UPDATE PATCH 1.08* Patch is out and we can confirm that it has fixed the Collect 'Em All and Card Collector Achievement that was broken by patch 1.07. We have not tested the other fixes which can be found on the release notes here.
If you prefer the original dashboard you can still find it here: find it here...
We also created a new dashboard (still WIP not all info is there yet) for Armor, Weapons and Upgrades at gwentcards.com/armor (BETA). Feedback welcome!
*NEW DLC Cards Added* Hearts of Stone DLC is out! We have added 10 new cards. If you find new cards that is not on this list please let us know and we will add them. Note to returning users: If new DLC cards are not showing hit refresh in order to update cookie.
Notes on Finding Cards
- Some merchants only appear during the day, if you can't find them try meditating until 12 noon
- Many sites mention Midcopse as the incorrect location for 5 cards, they are in fact in Lindenvale instead (see list for card details)
- If you missed the White Orchard Inn Keeper cards from the Prologue you can buy it from a merchant outside in White Orchard (updated in Patch 1.04). The Inn Keeper at White Orchard does not play Gwent as some guides suggests
- The Crow's Perch Quartermaster is found directly across from the Blacksmith at Crow's Perch
- Claywitch Merchant needs to be rescued from the bandid camp first (Claywitch lies just south of Crow's Perch). Quick guide:
- Location of camp is NE of Claywitch, SE of Crow's Perch and SE of Boatmakers' Hut. Its an island with a single bridge, right in the middle of the island there is a bandit camp, it will have a ? if you haven't been there yet
- People have complained about glitches to do with the key and merchant returning. I recommend Saving your game before killing bandits
- Walk in and kill the bandits including the leader, the leader will have a key in his loot (in my game there was two keys)
- Use the key on the cage to free the Merchant who says he will head back to Claywitch
- Save your game in a different save slot. Now meditate for at least 24hours, and if required a few more hours so it's day time
- Travel to Claywitch and the Merchant will be in town (I found him in the Northern most house on a porch). There is also a travelling Merchant nearby but its not him
- Talk to the Merchant to buy the cards and then play him to win a random card
- Alternative: If its day time and you can't find the Merchant, load your save game and walk him all the way back (It's a long way so try the above first)
- I don't have a location for Second Albrich card - the guides are incorrect (Confirmed that this card and 3 others don't exist, see below)
- I started a new game to verify the starting deck and updated the default checklist accordingly. I'm not sure if this varies between platform or patch version but the other guides are full of mistakes so here is my experience:
- You start the game with 32 cards when you play the scholar. 6 Weather Cards, 4 Leader Cards and 22 Northern Realm Cards
- You can buy 5 cards from the Inkeeperess and you win Zoltan card playing the scholar. Total 38 cards in White Orchard right at the start
- The following has been removed from starting cards and added to Random: Ballista (2 of 2), Clear Weather (2 of 3) and Siege Tower
- The following has been added to starting cards and removed from Quartermaster Crow's Perch: Blue Stripes Commando (2 of 3) & (3 of 3)
- The following has been added to starting cards and removed from Midcopse Trader: Poor Fucking Infantry (2 of 3)
- Take Note when counting cards in the deck: Some cards have the same name but different pictures (e.g. Trebuchet) while others have the same picture and stack up (e.g. Blue Stripes Commando) note the x2 or x3 on the card
- The guides mentions 3 "Poor Fucking Infantry" but people have found 4, not sure if it's a bug or needs to replace another card
- High Stakes Quest: You will need a decent deck, the quest will give you a rating of 5 and you need at least 4/5 and 1,000 crowns to join. Save your game just before since if you lose you won't win your opponent's card so you have to win every round if you want to collect all cards
- Playing Lambert: (Triss Card) in "Gwent: Old Pals" quest and "Following the thread" quest. If you are playing "Following the thread" quest you can play Lambert at the Nowhere Inn as the guides suggest, However, you have to have started the quest "Gwent: Old Pals" by playing Zoltan for the option to turn up (you also need to choose to meet him at the house and then talk to him again). If you missed this opportunity it is reported that you can find him at Kaer Morhen. It is also said that if you miss Lambert you can still pick up the card at Kaer Morhen by Lambert's bed
- A Matter of Life and Death quest: When you arrive at the Masquerade ball be sure to turn right to find the Gwent tournament and win all 3 games, its the only way to get 3 cards including "Dandelion card"
- A Dangerous Game quest: Complete this side quest for Zoltan Chivay to receive three cards not available anywhere else. At the end of the mission you can elect to keep the cards or take the money. Keep the cards
- Shock Therapy quest: Complete this quest at Gedyneith, harassing a druid into speaking, to receive the Iorveth card
- Commander's Horn (2 of 3) is in Passiflora, but if you already have all 3 like I did at the time it will not turn up. If you don't see it for sale check if you already have it, I've heard the same thing about Decoy
- It seems that the total number of cards is 195 (not 199) and the following cards do not exist: Albrich (2 of 2), Clear Weather (3 of 3), Torrential Rain (3 of 3) and Ballista (2 of 2), until proved otherwise I will remove these cards from the list
- (see next note for update on this issue) - Patch 1.07 has fixed some of the glitches mentioned above but broke the Collect Em All quest along with achievement/trophy. I verified this on my own game with only a single random card left to collect, I got the last one and quest does not complete. Also discussed here. I would recommend saving a game before collecting the last card and waiting for patch 1.08.
- Latest Update: Patch 1.08 is now out and it is confirmed that Collect 'Em All quest completion and XBOX Achievement broken in patch 1.07 has been fixed.
Gwent is a Witcher 3 mini game. It is a collectable card game similar to Magic: The Gathering. Players can win random cards by playing against merchants and inn keepers, win special cards in certain quests and by purchasing them from merchants.
For a full location guide see the interactive dashboard above.
A player must have a full deck consisting of a minimum of 22 unit cards and up to 10 special cards.
Unit cards can be chosen from 4 factions or neutral cards.
A player wins by getting the highest score in 2 out of 3 rounds.
A round is over when both players have passed or there are no more cards to play.
(Note: When a player passes no more cards can be played that round, but the opponent can keep playing cards until he/she passes or runs out of cards)
It's okay to lose a round and in fact it is highly recommended, see "Top Tips" below:
- It's okay to lose a round. Lure your opponent to play his/her best cards early and keeping your best cards for later and leaving your opponent weakened in future round(s)
- Use spy cards early, especially when trying to lose the first round
- Early in the game use the second Northern Realm General in your deck, this will clear all weather effects, but wait till the end of the round to use it as you may end up clearing more than one weather effect card
- You must have at least 22 cards in your deck plus special cards. Keep your deck to the very best cards and stay with the 22 minimum plus a few special cards like Decoy and Commander's Horn. This will increase the cances of getting dealt the best cards
- Remove all weather cards from your deck, they are not that useful. Focus on Decoys, Commander's Horn, Cards that Double up and Cards that gives you extra cards like spies and medic
- Use Decoys on enemy spies. Yes you can take your opponents spy card and play it back at them
- Buy all cards in the game and Play every merchant as they give out random cards when you win